Chris McCullough 2018 Invitational
The Beckett Ridge Barracuda Swim Team is pleased to offer the 2018 Chris McCullough Invitational on Saturday, July 21, 2018. We invite you to join us and make this meet fun for our swimmers and our coaches and to continue their preparation toward league championship swims.
The 2018 Chris McCullough Invitational is a two-session timed finals meet designed for family fun and short course competition for swimmers and coaches.
About the Event
- A one-day invitational meet with reasonable start times for both sessions.
- A timed finals format similar to championships, with lane assignments seeded by valid times.
- A great way to get younger swimmers event times they need for championships. All times will count toward championship seeds. Coaches will make necessary changes from posted results prior to championship entries.
- Team trophies awarded to visiting large and small teams leaders.
- The top 16 swimmers will take home an award from each event.
- We'll offer up to 3 tiers of ribbons pending how many of swimmers/event.
- Medals for the top 3 finishers.
- Ribbons for places 4-16 – individual races.
- Ribbons for 4-8 – relays.
- Heat Winner Ribbons.
- Several Best-in-Meet Individual awards based on points won and personal times.
- Team Age Group Achievement Awards for best visiting teams.
- Beckett Ridge Aquatic provides an easy to reach venue with ample parking and great competition. There is a shuttle service running from our off-site lot to the pool.
- Our beautiful outdoor 8-lane 25 meter pool offers plenty of team space to stretch out on the grass and enjoy the time between events.
- Value-priced food and drinks for swimmers and their families (continental breakfast and lunch grill). [$5 coolers fee applies - this is a Beckett Ridge Aquatic policy].
- We have a second pool available for spectators at a reasonable daily fee of $7 per swimmer.
- Automatic timing system and eight lane digital scoreboard. Top eight finishers in each event announced. Awards available at the end of the meet.
We reserve the right to adjust start times and to make the meet one session depending on entries. Here's what we expect (PM times are approximate):
AM Session (11& Up)
- BRST Warm-Up 6:30-7:00 AM
- Warm-up (11& Up): 7:00-7:50 AM
- Session: 8:00 AM-12:00 PM
- Session Awards 12:15 PM
PM Session (10 & Under)
- Warm-up (10 & Under): 12:45-1:50 PM
- Session: 2:00-7:00 PM
- and Meet Awards 7:15 PM
Entries & Fees
- Reasonable entry fees, heat sheet fees, and no spectator admission charge.
- Simple entry forms to minimize coach’s effort. Seeding will be by best time swum in summer competition 2017. Swimmers can sign up themselves during practice! (League times after 6/1/18 only please).
- Deck entries available the day of the meet as space allows. Cash Only. Deck Entries will begin 60 minutes prior to the AM and PM meet session start – deck entries will be closed 30 minutes prior to AM and PM meet session start. Swimmers will need to deck enter prior to the session they are swimming. (Fee: Individuals: $5.00/ea.; Relay Teams: $14.00/ea.)
- No Team Entry Fee for Electronic Entries (Meet Manager or compatible software). $50 per Team for Hard Copy Entries.
The 2018 Chris McCullough Invitational will be limited to members of teams swimming summer and/or winter leagues. This year we are keeping 15-18 age group open (any age) so even your former club athletes now in college or in the working world can come back and mix it up with the kids. How you manage your relays is up to you and your club however, in the open age group we can’t expect some of the competing swimmers to be formal members of the teams or clubs they may represent.
Our intent is to allow team alumni to come back and have fun but not for teams to go out and solicit a lot of “ringers” that will significantly affect the outcome of this age group. Beckett Ridge will not consider any individual ineligible in this age group, and this is where you can have your coaches form a relay for the kids to cheer on! Also, this year we will limit the 6&unders to free and backstroke only.
Deadline for electronic entries is 6 PM Saturday July 14, 2018 and hard copy entries are due by 6 PM Saturday July 7, 2018. Let us know if you have any questions, or if you need clarification about terms and conditions for this meet.
See you July 21th, 2018!
For questions, please contact Christin Bohrofen the Invitational Director at: email@example.com